THE BASTARDS OF LIBERTY
Welcome to the Official Forum of The Bastards of Liberty Political Party of Erepublik. Enjoy your stay and feel free to sign up to see all the great things we have going! Also, consider joining our party....some things are only visible to PARTY MEMBERS!
THE BASTARDS OF LIBERTY
Welcome to the Official Forum of The Bastards of Liberty Political Party of Erepublik. Enjoy your stay and feel free to sign up to see all the great things we have going! Also, consider joining our party....some things are only visible to PARTY MEMBERS!
THE BASTARDS OF LIBERTY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Website of The Bastards of Liberty Political Party of Erepublik.

Bastard Chat on IRCHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Top posting users this month
No user

Teach me about International eRep Politics

Go down 
+9
Gant Tommy
Deriachai
Johnny Cache
Zuntale
JakeLeonard
J. W. Bullwinkle
Emperor Rick
RedEd
Lord Dark Helmet
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lord Dark Helmet

Lord Dark Helmet

Teach me about International eRep Politics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Teach me about International eRep Politics - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

It has occurred to me that my knowledge about international affairs is lacking. And I figure this is probably also true of other new players.

So I kindly request our more experienced players to fill in the details.

Such as:

--What are the different alliances, how are they associated with each other, and how did they come about? (basically some history)
--Who have been our staunchest allies, which ones have been more tenuous, etc.
--What are the current conflicts/debates/happenings to keep an eye on?

etc.

Thanks in advice.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
RedEd

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Teach me about International eRep Politics - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 6:55 pm

So what does start most of these wars? Resource bonuses, sombody slighted someone else, or is down to just warring to be warring?

Also I've been looking for info on resistance wars and found little. Is it when a country tries to take back territory that was originally theirs? Say for example since Aquitaine was originally part of France and we occupy it they start a RW against us trying to take it back? And what happens if say Spain should take Aquitaine from us then would we be able to start a RW or would France still be able to start one?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Back to top Go down
Zuntale

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Teach me about International eRep Politics - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 9:34 pm

a ressistance war can only be in the name of the origanal territory owner. A french settlment no matter how many times it switches hands will always be a French settlment , persay. If a resistance war is founded by players who are present in that territory , and the resistance wins. It insantly becomes french again...

no you cant start a french resistance war in a french accupied territory ,,, YET ! Razz
Back to top Go down
Lord Dark Helmet

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Teach me about International eRep Politics - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Well you can start a RW if you move to that territory, regardless of your citizenship. So if Spain takes Aquitaine, you can move to Aquitaine and fund the RW, but you'd be fighting for France, not USA.
Back to top Go down
RedEd

RedEd

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Teach me about International eRep Politics - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:22 pm

Cool, thanks guys. Give me a few and I'm sure I'll come up with something else. Before long we'll be calling this the =RedEd FAQ page, Shit he didn't know but does now!=
Back to top Go down
Deriachai

Deriachai

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Teach me about International eRep Politics - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 12:20 am

RedEd wrote:
So what does start most of these wars? Resource bonuses, sombody slighted someone else, or is down to just warring to be warring?

Also I've been looking for info on resistance wars and found little. Is it when a country tries to take back territory that was originally theirs? Say for example since Aquitaine was originally part of France and we occupy it they start a RW against us trying to take it back? And what happens if say Spain should take Aquitaine from us then would we be able to start a RW or would France still be able to start one?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Lots of reasons,

All of the above, but mostly people being butthurt.
Back to top Go down
Gant Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Teach me about International eRep Politics - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 6:00 am

Just know that Serbia is inherently evil and it's all good.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Cache

Johnny Cache

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Teach me about International eRep Politics - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 7:53 am

Tommy's back in da building ya'llll!!! Where ya been homie?
Back to top Go down
Zuntale

Zuntale

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Teach me about International eRep Politics - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 4:14 pm

can you guys with some experience list som elinks or irc channeles , whatever , that will help direct some of us to a better understanding of how to fallow these polotics and such.

wich papers , channels , are best up to date info'ed.
Back to top Go down
J. W. Bullwinkle

J. W. Bullwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Teach me about International eRep Politics - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 5:27 pm

#usa-chat is one, but most of the time it is useless stuff being talked about.

I would recommend reading the WHPR articles to stay in touch and just friend alot of people. Each of them know something you know and vice versa.

Though when you read WHPR, believe only about half of it.
http://www.erepublik.com/en/newspaper/white-house-press-room-185289/1
Back to top Go down
Zuntale

Zuntale

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Teach me about International eRep Politics - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 5:39 pm

Thanks BullW.
Yea I have tried that usa chat , I dont ever find anyone saying anything. When I do see them talkin gits all about pth , ajay this , ajay that..... wich is useless info typicaly.
Back to top Go down
PapaMunich

PapaMunich

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Teach me about International eRep Politics - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:11 am

Lerned meh some politics...
Back to top Go down
Slade Cash

Slade Cash

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Teach me about International eRep Politics - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:15 am

Others are much better than I with history. This forum is a great way to get that.

As for the present, if you want to learn what's happening on any given day, find one of us on IRC. You'll get an earful from me, at least, especially if you ask the right questions.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Cache

Johnny Cache

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Teach me about International eRep Politics - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:23 pm

Yeah I always suck at history, I even sucked at history in school. Didn't study for shit, just cheated my way through. I regret it a bit tho.
Back to top Go down
BlueBanshee

BlueBanshee

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Teach me about International eRep Politics - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 12:09 pm

I keep saying it but you all do a great job at explaing the game and breaking it down thank you
Back to top Go down
Joseph Dinero
Admin
Joseph Dinero

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Teach me about International eRep Politics - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 12:25 pm

Please keep in mind that this is a "background" thread.

The current affairs of the world is best learned by reading articles in present time. Also, you will want to subscribe to the White House Paper: http://www.erepublik.com/en/newspaper/white-house-press-room-185289/1

I would ask one of us (our members know a lot - especially our congressmen/women) if you need to know something specific, as that paper is usually slanted towards the Presidential Administration that is in office at the time of publishing Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Teach me about International eRep Politics - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Teach me about International eRep Politics
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2