THE BASTARDS OF LIBERTY
Welcome to the Official Forum of The Bastards of Liberty Political Party of Erepublik. Enjoy your stay and feel free to sign up to see all the great things we have going! Also, consider joining our party....some things are only visible to PARTY MEMBERS!

The Official Website of The Bastards of Liberty Political Party of Erepublik.

Bastard Chat on IRCHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Top posting users this month

Share | 

Teach me about International eRep Politics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Dark Helmet

PostSubject: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:29 pm

It has occurred to me that my knowledge about international affairs is lacking. And I figure this is probably also true of other new players.

So I kindly request our more experienced players to fill in the details.

Such as:

--What are the different alliances, how are they associated with each other, and how did they come about? (basically some history)
--Who have been our staunchest allies, which ones have been more tenuous, etc.
--What are the current conflicts/debates/happenings to keep an eye on?

etc.

Thanks in advice.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedEd

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:57 pm

^ seconded
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emperor Rick

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:00 pm

The world has continuously been split around: Romania, Croatia, Albania vs Serbia, Hungary, Indonesia honestly (although I don't hear much from Indonesia these days)

Romania use to be a super power that controlled all of Eastern Europe, Russia, and China. They were the head of an alliance called Atlantis (US was a member of this alliance). PEACE started up centered around Hungary to counteract Romanian expansion. World War I started mid/late 2008 when Romania invaded Hungary. This war was a draw and the two sides were at a cold war

World War II was also between Atlantis and PEACE when Spain, US, Canada, and the UK invaded France in December of 08, Brazil and Indonesia invaded Argentina. It was ultimately a disaster, Operation French Toast failed, and Romania lost its asian colonies to Hungary and Indonesia

Atlantis fell apart due to internal conflict surrounding Germany when Sweden and Poland got greedy and invaded one of their own members. UK also switched sides over to PEACE during this time too... From the Ashes EDEN and FORTIS were built. (FORTIS was US based)

World War III was a PEACE invasion of North America, 1st time the US was ransacked (we were reduced to just Florida)

France occupied most of Canada, Iran took a region in the Arctic, Indonesia Occupied the Hawaii & Southwest of the US, Russia occupied Alaska and the Northwest of the US, Portugal occupied the South, Hungary occupied the North, UK took up some positions within the US and Canada.

We barely overturned the invasion and began pushing them out of the continent. There was huge disagreements when we were left with one region whether they should accept President Emerick's surrender or keep fighting. They ultimately rejected our surrender and pushed to occupy Florida... That's when we started winning and so the disagreement got personal and lead to a break up of PEACE and from there Phoenix was born. (I don't remember who the hardliners were but it split the entire leadership)

World War IV was the EDEN invasion of Asia against Phoenix. We kicked out Hungary and Indonesia's holdings on the continent and gave independence to China and North Korea. We had a colony in India for a good while after this.

We're on World War V right now (started when Poland and Spain switched sides) you know the rest

Emperor Rick

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:07 pm

^edited a few things

RedEd

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:06 am

what is the current make up of the various alliances and which ones are we currently at war or friendly with?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J. W. Bullwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:16 am

ah, WW3. Good times....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emperor Rick

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:44 am

Major Alliances
Order of New EWorld From Feb 2011 and still active
ONE (Order of New Eworld, formerly known as NWO) is a Alliance consisting of several European and non-European eRepublik countries

Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Poland, Republic of Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom

Terra From Dec 2010 and still active
Terra (Formerly known as PANAM) is a Alliance consisting of mostly American and European eRepublik countries

Brazil, Canada, Cyprus, France, Germany, Russia, USA

EDEN From Sep 2009 and still active
EDEN (Erepublik Defense & Economic Network) is one of two successor alliances to ATLANTIS. It is made up mostly of Eastern European Nations.

Albania, Belarus, Canada, China, Croatia, Finland, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Turkey, Ukraine

Minor Alliances
ABC From Apr 1, 2011 and still active
ABC (The Alliance of Baltic Countries) is a military alliance consisting of 3 members who border each other.

Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania

http://wiki.erepublik.com/index.php/Alliances

JakeLeonard

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:00 am

So the nations in black and grey are the "Nobody Nations" because they don't have an alliance. (Or perhaps wiped off the map because they're territories of a different nation?)

Or maybe I should call them the "Bastard Nations".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zuntale

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:15 am

handy bit of info.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J. W. Bullwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:30 am

JakeLeonard wrote:
So the nations in black and grey are the "Nobody Nations" because they don't have an alliance. (Or perhaps wiped off the map because they're territories of a different nation?)

They are usually allies with nations of a certain alliance, but not in the alliance per say, and most of the time have their wars between each other.

Example: Right now, Chile, Peru, and New Zealand are fighting Argentina, but Chile is allied with Bulgaria and several other top notch nations that aren't in "official" alliances either. So there are many alliance systems out there, they just haven't been organized and named, but are still effective.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JakeLeonard

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:42 am

J. W. Bullwinkle wrote:
JakeLeonard wrote:

They are usually allies with nations of a certain alliance, but not in the alliance per say, and most of the time have their wars between each other.

Example: Right now, Chile, Peru, and New Zealand are fighting Argentina, but Chile is allied with Bulgaria and several other top notch nations that aren't in "official" alliances either. So there are many alliance systems out there, they just haven't been organized and named, but are still effective.

Okay, I understand now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emperor Rick

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:55 am

also black nations don't exist yet

JakeLeonard

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:59 am

Emperor Rick wrote:
What the hell is taking them so long?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emperor Rick

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:08 am

JakeLeonard wrote:
Emperor Rick wrote:
What the hell is taking them so long?

They want native players from those countries to play, I guess they figure they aren't going to get alot of users from Libya or etc. (go explain North Korea though)

RedEd

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:29 pm

I'm guessing that fighting inside the alliances is not entirely off limits because I see that USA and France are both in TERRA yet we are constantly at war with them. And also I noticed that Canada is listed in both EDEN and TERRA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emperor Rick

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:46 pm

We're only fighting France in resistance wars, they can't help that

Johnny Cache

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:09 pm

Rick y u list ABC as a minor alliance. ABC is the biggest, strongest and most important alliance there is and ever has been or will be in this game. I will make my Soviet broskis proud!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Dark Helmet

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:10 pm

So TERRA and EDEN are distinct alliance, but basically on the same side in this war? Why then are they separate?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deriachai

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:11 pm

because the PANAM people felt that EDEN was too eurocentric, and split to make a solely american allience, which quickly changed into something very eurocentric.

Commander of the SOL
Head of Militia for BOL

Former VPP of the BOL
Former Ambassador to Israel

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emperor Rick

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:13 am

Europe is a powder keg of drama
you can blame Albania, Serbia, Croatia, Hungary, Romania, Poland, and Turkey for it

J. W. Bullwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Who knew that the Balkans could be a powder keg even online?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zuntale

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:58 pm

I have learned more from this 1 thread in the last few days than I have in the game in 3 months Mad

Add more content of this nature. perhaps an apendix or eRep sciences or somshit. Can't think of the word im trying for -_-.
political standings bla bla bla.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedEd

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:55 pm

So what does start most of these wars? Resource bonuses, sombody slighted someone else, or is down to just warring to be warring?

Also I've been looking for info on resistance wars and found little. Is it when a country tries to take back territory that was originally theirs? Say for example since Aquitaine was originally part of France and we occupy it they start a RW against us trying to take it back? And what happens if say Spain should take Aquitaine from us then would we be able to start a RW or would France still be able to start one?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zuntale

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:34 pm

a ressistance war can only be in the name of the origanal territory owner. A french settlment no matter how many times it switches hands will always be a French settlment , persay. If a resistance war is founded by players who are present in that territory , and the resistance wins. It insantly becomes french again...

no you cant start a french resistance war in a french accupied territory ,,, YET ! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Dark Helmet

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Well you can start a RW if you move to that territory, regardless of your citizenship. So if Spain takes Aquitaine, you can move to Aquitaine and fund the RW, but you'd be fighting for France, not USA.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teach me about International eRep Politics   

Back to top Go down

Teach me about International eRep Politics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next