THE BASTARDS OF LIBERTY
Welcome to the Official Forum of The Bastards of Liberty Political Party of Erepublik. Enjoy your stay and feel free to sign up to see all the great things we have going! Also, consider joining our party....some things are only visible to PARTY MEMBERS!
THE BASTARDS OF LIBERTY
Welcome to the Official Forum of The Bastards of Liberty Political Party of Erepublik. Enjoy your stay and feel free to sign up to see all the great things we have going! Also, consider joining our party....some things are only visible to PARTY MEMBERS!
THE BASTARDS OF LIBERTY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Website of The Bastards of Liberty Political Party of Erepublik.

Bastard Chat on IRCHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Top posting users this month
No user

Article and Comment Timer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thedillpickl

Thedillpickl

Article and Comment Timer Empty
PostSubject: Article and Comment Timer   Article and Comment Timer EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 2:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi kids!

I was supposed to write another article about my history and direction in this game. Well, I've gotten sidetracked. No surprise there. However now another disturbing turn of events makes me write this article.

I am taking no chances writing it. I am 'right click / copying every minute or so. "Why?", you ask? Because Admin has added a new feature to the Media Mod. If you haven't noticed yet, and you wouldn't if you only write short, quick comments to newspapers, there is a timer on how long you may write. It appears to be about 2 minutes. (I've not verified that, it is an estimate.)

Some may 'hate' long boring comments. I can understand that. I hope you can understand that sometimes it take a bit to write a thoughtful, complete and accurate comment to respond to an article or other commentator. Admin does not wish this. He first limited comment length. So now it takes 2 or 3 comments to complete a complex thought. Now he puts a time limit to use those few words he has allowed us.

UPDATE: Just discovered there is about a 10 minute limit on writing an article also. (Again an estimate.) Be sure to copy everything often and/or make use of MS Notepad.

I don't remember logging in to Twitter to play in the eRep media. If all that we are allowed is 'tweets' then maybe we should give up and stick with Twitter.

I hope a few of you get to read this before it's yanked off the sacred server. I will place a copy on the BoL form in a public area. Here's the link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ticket Submitted

Ya know your recent 'update' to the media mod is a very good idea...

If you just want to frustrate the shit out of people who still actually make worthwhile comment. What are you thinking? eRep is NOT FACEBOOK! Everything does not have to be contained in a two sentence snippet. I have made the decision that I shall write my comment in MS Notepad and then copy/paste into the comment box.

If you try to screw that up I will quit using the media mod at all except to bitch in my news paper.

I also see that your stupid "Knowledgebase Suggestion" says "Newspaper - Relevance: 100%". I do not care to read your canned response telling me how this is good for me.

Your favorite "Silver" customer,
Thedillpickl
Back to top Go down
Zuntale

Zuntale

PostSubject: Re: Article and Comment Timer   Article and Comment Timer EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:48 pm

Its always been that way Pickl. Screwed me around many a time ^^
Back to top Go down
Thedillpickl

Thedillpickl

PostSubject: Re: Article and Comment Timer   Article and Comment Timer EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:48 pm

I'm repeating myself over and over and over. No one is listening. I guess that means my article is useless.

This has nothing to do with eRep's auto log out. This is something new in the last couple days. It is not where you are logged out and the game quits responding and you must log in again. The screen refreshes and your comment disappears. You may rewrite the comment and then post, all without logging in again.
Back to top Go down
Zuntale

Zuntale

PostSubject: Re: Article and Comment Timer   Article and Comment Timer EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:12 pm

I am sure that has accured to me befor aswell, and I do understand you dont mean the auto log out thing...

Ither way any function resembling these sucks ars man, lol
Back to top Go down
Marcus_Corwin

Marcus_Corwin

PostSubject: Re: Article and Comment Timer   Article and Comment Timer EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:19 pm

The few articles I've posted I always wrote in word and then pasted.

The comments thing though is complete crap. Why would admin think that that would be a good idea?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Article and Comment Timer   Article and Comment Timer Empty

Back to top Go down

Article and Comment Timer
Page 1 of 1