THE BASTARDS OF LIBERTY
Welcome to the Official Forum of The Bastards of Liberty Political Party of Erepublik. Enjoy your stay and feel free to sign up to see all the great things we have going! Also, consider joining our party....some things are only visible to PARTY MEMBERS!
THE BASTARDS OF LIBERTY
Welcome to the Official Forum of The Bastards of Liberty Political Party of Erepublik. Enjoy your stay and feel free to sign up to see all the great things we have going! Also, consider joining our party....some things are only visible to PARTY MEMBERS!
THE BASTARDS OF LIBERTY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Website of The Bastards of Liberty Political Party of Erepublik.

Bastard Chat on IRCHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Top posting users this month
No user

Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS

Go down 
+4
Mazzyllene
Deriachai
Thedillpickl
Civil Anarchy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Civil Anarchy

Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS Empty
PostSubject: Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS   Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:02 pm

Greetings Bastards,
I'm running for President again this month, and I'm in great need of your help in my campaign. I've published a few details of my foreign policy in my paper, http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/a-return-to-integrity-2090221/1/20 , but I'd like to get into it a little bit more. I'm not going to bore you with my qualifications, because honestly, who cares.

I'm not a fan of the Balkan centric mentality that we've fallen into, or the idea that simply because a country is EDEN or TERRA, they're one of our allies. There are countries on our MPP list that, honestly, could care less about us. They MPP us because we're strong, and because being our ally means they can get into our country with ease. This bastardization of diplomacy honestly disgusts me. Being a friend should be a pre-requisite to becoming an ally, not some sort of weird step afterwards. It's like an arranged marriage. Creepy, and something I really don't want to consider as an option.

I don't base my foreign policy on the most popular move. I'm fully in support of the Spanish MPP, and I want to get some sort of formalized agreement set up between us and Brazil by the end of our term. I support the Spanish MPP because Spain was one of our greatest allies in the past. They actually willingly wiped their own country in order for us to have a better chance at fighting in WW2. I see Spain as that brother in the Civil War that got set up on the other side. Even during the Spanish Invasion, people never hated Spain with the same intensity that they do Hungary, Serbia, and Indonesia. They're a former Bro, and a great potential Bro, and if we have the opportunity to restore that relationship, I'm 100% for it.

Think about it in Real life terms. Do you know a friend that is also friends with someone you can't stand? I do. Does that mean I'm automatically friends with my friend's friend? Fuck no. But that's the exact same logic that people against the Spanish MPP put forth. If I'm friends with Spain, then obviously being friends with Serbia is next right? Hell no. Spain might have different allies than us, but that hasn't stopped us in the past.

Above all, I want to set up something new. Something different from the status quo. While I intend on signing the majority of our old MPPs back, there's no way in hell I want to go back to the old way of doing things. The entire CTRL scandal, and Canadian War was a result of many American's crying out for something new and different from the status quo. The problem was, we performed it incorrectly. I've seen what steps not to take. I know what direction we have to go in to walk the line carefully enough. I want to provide America with something we haven't had in months. Something that Eden convinced us that we needed to give up in order to protect our previous 100/100. America needs a goal, something that we can dedicate ourselves to foreign policy wise. Whether it's a new invasion, a new alliance, or a new campaign, the only true way to motivate our country is through these methods. I promise you, within the first week of my presidency, we will begin a new invasion to help an old ally. We will have the best of both worlds, but it's not going to be easy.

Other points: Russia v Ukraine? For Mother Russia Ukraine is a great example of an ally that isn't really a friend. Eden can give up Russia, but I bloody won't.
Note: Speech is copypasta, just thought it was effective Very Happy

If you want to be a part of the cabinet, post here: http://tinyurl.com/AnarchyCab
http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/a-return-to-civilization-first-strike-2089821/1/20

You can send me a message anytime on irc, just query CivilAnarchy. In addition to that, my campaign channel is #Civilization.

I'll answer any and all questions about myself, my plans, or whatever the hell you'd like, either in this thread, or on IRC. Don't hesitate to say hello.

Thanks for your time,
Civilized Anarchism - At Your Service
Back to top Go down
Thedillpickl

Thedillpickl

PostSubject: Re: Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS   Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:11 pm

Civil Anarchy wrote:
Greetings Feds, ...
Shocked

I'm not certain if we've been promoted or it's a case of mistaken identity.
Back to top Go down
Civil Anarchy

PostSubject: Re: Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS   Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:14 pm

Thedillpickl wrote:
Civil Anarchy wrote:
Greetings Feds, ...
Shocked

I'm not certain if we've been promoted or it's a case of mistaken identity.
Sorry, trying to do too many things at once.
Back to top Go down
Deriachai

Deriachai

PostSubject: Re: Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS   Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:14 pm

Silly copy paste.

Also, I may or may not be part of the cabinet.
Back to top Go down
Thedillpickl

Thedillpickl

PostSubject: Re: Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS   Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:25 pm

I know, I know! I just got a kick out of it, not trying to act insulted or nutin'. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mazzyllene

Mazzyllene

PostSubject: Re: Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS   Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:29 pm

I enjoyed waiting to see how long until it was corrected. cat
Back to top Go down
Zuntale

Zuntale

PostSubject: Re: Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS   Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:01 am

good luck with your run
Back to top Go down
Spiffy123

Spiffy123

PostSubject: Re: Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS   Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 2:40 am

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Emperor Rick

Emperor Rick

PostSubject: Re: Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS   Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:44 am

we'll put you on the party poll (and everyone else who bothers to ask for our endorsement)
poll will start on the 29th through the 1st per manifesto.
Back to top Go down
Joseph Dinero
Admin
Joseph Dinero

PostSubject: Re: Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS   Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 6:39 pm

Deriachai wrote:

^^^ What does this even mean? I need a code translator....

Emperor Rick wrote:
we'll put you on the party poll (and everyone else who bothers to ask for our endorsement)
poll will start on the 29th through the 1st per manifesto.

And this will let our members decide.
Back to top Go down
Civil Anarchy

PostSubject: Re: Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS   Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 7:19 pm

Joseph Dinero wrote:
Deriachai wrote:

^^^ What does this even mean? I need a code translator....

I offered him Deputy Secretary of the Treasury, considering I talked with him awhile ago about getting into the executive. He seemed willing, so I found a place for him. I guess it's not that glamorous of a job, but it's a respectable position xD

Even though I'm probably going to be the USWP candidate, we're not all subscribing to the philosophy, "Friends and political appoints are the best cabinet picks." I genuinely try to find the best person for the spot in my cabinet, regardless of whether or not it works out well for me politically (kind of like having an RLC eNPR Director cause he's fantastic at what he does). Does that mean I have some repeats? Of course. For example, Molly Emma has run the Department of Interior well since the day she was put in the job. Does that mean I want her to continue in that position? Of course.
Back to top Go down
Joseph Dinero
Admin
Joseph Dinero

PostSubject: Re: Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS   Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Thank you for the clarification Civil.
Back to top Go down
Emperor Rick

Emperor Rick

PostSubject: Re: Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS   Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:24 am

What are the chances of you, Glove, and Haliman uniting together under one candidate to beat Inwegen?
Back to top Go down
Civil Anarchy

PostSubject: Re: Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS   Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:49 am

Emperor Rick wrote:
What are the chances of you, Glove, and Haliman uniting together under one candidate to beat Inwegen?

Inwegen is not the USWP candidate, he's just a placeholder. He won't be running for President this month. So far, only myself, Wang, and Haliman have declared.
Back to top Go down
Emperor Rick

Emperor Rick

PostSubject: Re: Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS   Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 4:16 pm

was not aware of that, thanks CA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS   Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS Empty

Back to top Go down

Civilization: Civil Anarchy for POTUS
Page 1 of 1